Crisis Communication & Social Media Workshop 2012
We recently attended the workshop on crisis communication and social media held at the Indaba Hotel Conference Centre in Fourways, Johannesburg between the 1st and 2nd October.
The course looked at the implementation of communication plans which included social media response to use in different types of crisis.
- Crisis communication planning
- Identifying key crisis-specific messages
- Communicating with staff
- Communication with the media
- Communicating with consumers and other external stakeholders
- Using social media
- Recent case studies and practical exercises
Our general manager, Nash summed up the course as: “It was very informative and highlighted key areas of focus that clients should be aware of and take seriously”.